In this post I am going to explain the setup I used to create this nice glass rendering using Mental Ray.
1. Used the CV curve (cubic) to laid points to create the glass outline profile.
2. Copied the profile and placed it in the 4 corners.
3. Used the loft function to create the complete NURB surface.
4. Finally a polygon plane to make the glass sit.
1. Created a sphere for HDRI probe
2. Used some free HDRI image
1. Used Caustics Mental Ray
2. Setup Final Gathering and did a render making use of the HDRI probe as lights.